Staff Selection Commission CGL Recruitment
SSC CGL Recruitment Process steps
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) – Combined Graduate Level Examination (CGLE) is also known as its abbreviation form “SSC CGL”. Staff selection commission conducts this examination to recruit the group “B” and group “C” staff to various posts in government of India ministries, departments and organisations.
Staff Selection Commission CGL Eligibility Criteria
Education Qualification : Candidates must check the SSC CGL Notification for education qualification details for the various posts. The basic requirement of essential education qualification is the undergraduate level bachelor’s degree from a recognized university or institution. The candidates, who is going to appear in the final year of their graduation can also apply as well, however they must possess Essential qualification on or before given date by the commission.
Two other posts are there in Staff Selection Commission CGL (SSC CGL) – Assistant Audit Officer/ Assistant Accounts Officer and Junior Statistical Officer. The essential education qualifications corresponding these Staff Selection Commission CGL posts are given below.
Assistant Audit Officer/ Assistant Accounts Officer
- Essential Qualifications: Bachelor‟s Degree from a recognized University or Institute.
- Desirable Qualifications: Chartered Accountant or Cost & Management Accountant or Company Secretary or Masters in Commerce or Masters in Business Studies or Masters in Business Administration (Finance) or Masters in Business Economics.
- During the period of probation direct recruits shall have to qualify the “Subordinate Audit/ Accounts Service Examination” in respective branches for confirmation and regular appointment as Assistant Audit Officer/ Assistant Accounts Officer.
Junior Statistical Officer
- Bachelor‟s Degree in any subject from a recognized University or Institute with at least 60% Marks in Mathematics at 12th standard level or
- Bachelor‟s Degree in any subject with Statistics as one of the subjects at degree level.
Statistical Investigator Grade-II
- Bachelor‟s Degree in any subject with Statistics as one of the subjects from a recognized University or Institute. The candidates must have studied Statistics as a subject in all the three years of the graduation course
The SSC CGL Latest Syllabus and Exam Pattern for Combined Graduate Level examination are published by the SSC on its official webite. With the help of this SSC CGL Exam latest Syllabus, the candidates who are going to appear in this exam, can make their strategy in a systematic manner. The latest Staff selection commission CGL Syllabus PDF is published in the official SSC CGL Notification.
SSC CGL Examination Scheme / Exam Pattern
The SSC CGL Examination will be conducted in four tiers as indicated below:
- Tier-I: Computer Based Examination
- Tier-II: Computer Based Examination
- Tier-III: Pen and Paper Mode (Descriptive paper)
- Tier-IV: Computer Proficiency Test/ Data Entry Skill Test (wherever applicable)/ Document Verification.
Important Points Regarding SSC CGL Exams
- Tier-I and Tier-II will consist of Objective Type, Multiple choice questions only. The questions will be set both in English & Hindi except for English Comprehension in Tier-I and Paper-II in Tier-II.
- In Tier-I, there will be negative marking of 0.50 for each wrong answer.
- In Tier-II, there will be negative marking of 0.25 for each wrong answer in Paper-II (English Language and Comprehension) and of 0.50 marks for each wrong answer in Paper-I, Paper-III and Paper-IV.
- In Tier-II, Paper-I and Paper-II are compulsory for all the posts.
- Paper-III of Tier-II will be for only those candidates who apply for the posts of Junior Statistical Officer (JSO) in the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation and Statistical Investigator Grade-II in the office of Registrar General, India (M/o Home Affairs) and who are shortlisted in Tier-I for these Posts.
- In Tier-II, Paper-IV will be for only those candidates who are shortlisted in Tier-I for Paper-IV i.e. for the posts of Assistant Audit Officer/ Assistant Accounts Officer.